Innovation in seat design
elegant design in carbon
Elegance, space and smooth lines in the new carbon seats for Economy
Smoother and more spacious in Premium Economy and Regional Business
The earlier model in aluminium
Legs can be moulded or machined in aluminium
Underside view showing the neat, stable, interlocking hinge
replacing a typical heavy seat mechanism
Section of the internal mechanism in a traditional very complex, heavy Business seat mechanism - circa 400mm in height and 47kg in weight.
new Compact lightweight seat mechanism
Ultra thin Business Seat Mechanism - only 53mm in height and 19.3kg for all components shown.
Minimalist, powerful, smooth drive mechanism
Carbon panels and an innovative mechanism driving forward movement, back recline, bed transit and seat pan elevation.
Compact Drive System with a hybrid reduction gearbox to link recline angle change to forward movement from TTL to BED.
Schematic of gearbox layout with secondary ram to drive ramp articulation
- Twin drive plates - twin slide systems
- Twin actuators - opposing ramp concept
- Micro actuators for back rest articulation
- >60% weight reduction
- Height reduction from 400mm to 53mm
power driven ramp control system
Seat control mechanism in TTL mode (taxi, take off and landing)
Seat pan elevated to interim day-recline mode
Seat pan rotated forward to bed position
new versatile carbon scissor controller
Scissor extends to 1073mm
- Ultra thin scissor with single actuator drive
- Carbon arms, carbon base and top plates
- Only 28mm wide and weighs only 193 grams
- Extends up to 1073mm, compact 86cm closed
- Drives central privacy and leg rest